Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day 235: Red Seal Ale



Name: Red Seal Ale
Brewer: North Coast Brewing Co. (Fort Bragg, CA)
Classification: Amber Ale
Alcohol: 5.5%

Thoughts: I try to start off each review with a bit of knowledge or a story to lead me into the beer. Every once in a while I have nothing to say. This is one of them. This Amber Ale pours a a surprisingly amber color with a think off-white head. I say surprisingly because North Coast is one of those West Coast breweries that does things a bit different from the norm. That is where normal ending and where the West Coast Offense started. The aroma is very aromatic and floral with bold fruity smells and sweet malts. The taste had plenty of malts on the front of the tongue and as the liquid slides down your tongue and into your throat you get hops, fruit, bitterness, spice and a dry finish. It feels creamy like a juice. I really appreciated this beer. I want a six-pack of this. I do have one knock and it is a little one. The finish lingers too long and as it lingers the flavor disappears and the alcohol remains. It burns a little and isn't very enjoyable. Other than this Red Seal Ale is a really good beer.

Rating: 87/100


No comments:

Post a Comment