Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 213: Heifer-In-Wheat



Name: Heifer-In-Wheat
Brewer: Stoudt's Brewing Co. (Adamstown, PA)
Classification: Hefeweizen 
Alcohol: 5%

Thoughts: Stoudt's Brewery made a lasting impression with their Stoudt's Gold Lager. It was in my Top 10 for a short period of time, but was knocked out after a few weeks. But the quality of the beer never left my mind and its time I tried something a little different to see if this brewery has the skills to pay the bills. Their hefeweizen, Heifer-In-Wheat, poured a cloudy gold with little specks of sediment floating beneath the thin, white head. The smell was intoxication as I really took my time sniffing it before I took my first sip to catch everything I could. There was plenty of banana, yeast and wheat, but the clove was unreal! After a couple of sips I could really tell the quality that I got from their Gold Lager was again in this hefeweizen. The taste hit on the same notes as the smell, but in more tangible ways. This is an excellent brew from a brewery with an excellent pedigree. I have only had two brews from Stoudt's but I think this guys really know how to brew some damn good beer.

Rating: 86/100


No comments:

Post a Comment