Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 211: Full Sail Amber



Name: Full Sail Amber
Brewer: Full Sail Brewing (Hood River, OR)
Classification: Amber Ale
Alcohol: 5.5%

Thoughts: I know I didn't actually write this post on Sunday, February 5th, but it's only because I was too busy celebrating the GIANTS WINNING THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!! Too many exclamation marks? No, well then here's some more !!!!!!!!!!!! Let's get to some beer. I poured a Full Sail Amber Ale into my pint glass and discovered that this beer is not amber it is brown. Well it's an opaque brown which leads me to believe that it is just a really dark amber that looks brown to the naked eye. But I had a problem right off the bat. This beer had a screw cap! Seriously? This is a Full Fail! Beer does not stay pressurized as well with screw caps and that is why it was so difficult to get any head on the top of this brew. After the pour I was able to waft the scent into my nose and that's where my issues with this beer ended. It has a sweet caramel and malt aroma that is similar to most Amber Ales, but this one hits a little harder. The taste was warming rather than refreshing, but still crisp. There are notes of toasted malts, ripe dark fruit and more sweet caramel. As I said early I have my issues with this beer, but it still holds itself together pretty well. 

Rating: 84/100


No comments:

Post a Comment