Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 228: Mojo IPA



Name: Mojo IPA
Brewer: Boulder Beer Company (Boulder, CO)
Classification: American IPA
Alcohol: 7.2%

Thoughts: For some reason my running distances have picked up lately. I was running about 3.1 miles when I run. Then the last three times I've run has been 4 miles, 6 miles and 5.25 miles. I think I got my MOJO, hence the beer named Mojo. This IPA pours a completely opaque gold with a fizzy, white head. To me this meant this was going to be a a clean brew in both taste and smell. The aroma has a strong citrusy, florally, sweet smell that grabs the attention of the drinker like the hook in Kanye West song. It is something good. But not as good as the taste. A fruity, tangy blast hits your tongue first and right behind that comes a bittersweet, cannabis flow over the pallet. It is a sensational taste that I really enjoyed. Boulder has created a really original beer that is well-balanced, exciting and more importantly, enjoyable!

Rating: 86/100


No comments:

Post a Comment