Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 12: DeadEye Jack Porter



Name: DeadEye Jack 
Brewer: LoneRider Brewing Company (Raleigh, NC)
Classification: American Porter
Alcohol: 6.0%

Thoughts: I probably won't be trying too many porters and stouts because they are a taste I have yet to acquire. However, there are plenty of ones out there that I enjoy. DeadEye Jack is one of those. It poured a deep, dark brown with a thin, beige head. It sorted of look like fresh brewed coffee. The smell consists of sweet, rich chocolate and toffee. It was very similar to a dessert wine in many aspects of its aroma. The taste fallows suit as it tastes like chocolate milk with an alcohol aftertaste. It's feel was well balanced and full of gravity. I did enjoy this porter, but I didn't love it. I know people who enjoy porters and really like DeadEye Jack. LoneRider is a local brewery to me and has a couple of other really good beers. So I imagine as I try more porters and stouts I will be able to tell the true value of this beer. But for now I have to give it a rating based on this tasting. 

Rating: 78/100



No comments:

Post a Comment