Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 7: Shoals Pale Ale



Name: Shoals Pale Ale
Brewer: Smuttynose Brewing Co. (Portsmouth, New Hampshire)
Classification: American Pale Ale
Alcohol: 5.0%

Thoughts: I've had an India Pale Ale already this week and now an American Pale Ale. I tend to be in favor of the American Pale Ale because I'm a Patriot! ... and because it is usually less bitter. Let's see how it matches up. This beer was poured a slightly clouded copper with a wonderfully fluffy head. On first whiff it has a doughy, yet citrusy vapor that seemed to remain mostly in the bottle. The taste is dry and the floral, piney hops are solidly present. This is a good beer, not great and not memorable. I really wanted to like this beer more because it looks so good. I hope I am not ruining this beer for anybody because it is a good beer. It was refreshing and the taste was crisp. It is not a six-pack beer, more of a one-timer then find some other beer to try. 

Rating: 79/100


No comments:

Post a Comment