Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 4: Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale



Name: Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale
Brewer: Black Sheep Brewery (Masham, UK)
Classification: English Pale Ale
Alcohol: 4.7%

Thoughts: I chose this beer solely on the amazing name it has. I didn't expect much out of it because I thought the name was only so awesome because the beer was not good and they thought idiots like me would buy it. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The first thing you notice when you open the bottle is the immediate smell of freshly baked bread. I literally wafted it while I waited for the head of foam to calm down as it was moustache-thick. The first sip was extremely fresh and crisp with floral, fruity hops and more notes of baked bread. The glass was left with a wonderful circle of lace, which is always a sign of good quality in beer. I think this is a great summer beer that would pair excellently with a number of sharp cheeses. It has a great feel to it. Not too thick and not too thin. It is a real traditional English beer that is best served cold and poured in a frosted glass. I would 100% drink it again. I also want to note that I wanted and tried to fit a bunch of quotes from the movie here, but they were terrible and unfunny. So, I am going to just finish with a random one. 

"You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... WITH... A HERRING!"

Rating: 84/100

No comments:

Post a Comment