Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 14: Allagash White



Name: Allagash White 
Brewer: Allagash Brewing Company (Portland, ME)
Classification: Witbier
Alcohol: 5.2%

Thoughts: Witbiers are quite possibly my favorite style of beer and I took about 20 minutes deciding which one to choose for this post. I promise I will have more later, but I was hoping to start with a bang. Yesterday I had a saison, not a traditional one, but if you look at the pictures you can see the similarities. They are both a cloudy yellow with traces of sediment floating around. The smell, taste and feel is where they differ though. After a few whiffs you can discover the notes of clove, banana, and coriander. This Allagash White has an orangey, tangy wheat taste that is a familiar call sign for witbiers. This one is set apart by its hints of pepper and tartness. It is simply phenomenal! It feels thin and bubbly and bites the tongue with every sip. It is one of the most enjoyable witbiers I have ever had. If you like Blue Moon or Shock Top go for this instead.

Rating: 90/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment