Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 2: Main Engine Start


Name: Main Engine Start
Brewer: Brooklyn Brewery (Brooklyn, NY)
Classification: Abbey Singel
Alcohol: 6.2%

Thoughts: This Brewmaster's Reserve Series is a German style "Abbey Singel" beer from one of the best breweries in the U.S. It is a dry, golden ale with a biscuity malt taste that splashes the palate quite sophisticatedly. You can clearly taste the spice from the Belgian yeast and the snappy hop bite as it hits the back of your throat. It has an herby style finish as if you eaten something with a real zest to it. It really accentuated the spicy pork I had with it, but I think it would really balance out a sweet dish better. This will not be my last Brooklyn Brewery beer as they have contributed a number of beers on my "To Drink" list. However, this is only my second blog post and I already feel pretentious with this pseudo-intellectual talk. Oh well, 363 more to go!

Rating: 81/100

No comments:

Post a Comment