Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 19: Mad Beach


Name: Mad Beach
Brewer: Aviator Brewing (Fuquay-Varina, NC)
Classification: Hefeweizen
Alcohol: ?

Thoughts: I am not sure if this beer is a limited edition or just really new, but I am unable to find any information about it. The Aviator website doesn't even mention it. The only information I have on it is from the bartender and my experience drinking it. But I'll do my best. The color was a classic gold with a little bit of sediment from the wheat. It had a wonderful sweet bready aroma, almost like banana bread. It almost smelled like a dessert. The taste echoed on the notes from the sight and smell of it. It was smooth, subtle, and slightly spicy. It tasted like a traditional hefeweizen, but with some extra sweetness. This brew had a wonderful feel to it. It was somewhere between light bodied and medium bodied. The aftertaste was lasting and enjoyable. I would certainly have this again, but apparently it doesn't really exist ... except in the Matrix! I have heard many good things about Aviator (another great North Carolina craft brewer), and I hope this is a sign of things to come. 

Rating: 84/100


No comments:

Post a Comment