Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 3: Hopsecutioner IPA

 


Name: Hopsecutioner IPA
Brewer: Terrapin Beer Co. (Athens, GA)
Classification: India Pale Ale
Alcohol: 7.2%

Thoughts: Let me say that IPAs are not my forte, but I have had some and I know a little about them. What I know is that they are usually hop heavy and really bitter. Well, you would think something named Hopsecutioner would fit right in with those two things. F Dat Juice! This IPA is definitely malty (not heavy malts, but heavier than the hops) with a citrusy, piney taste. The bitterness is there, but not like in a traditional IPA. I may be crazy, but it had an aftertaste of cannabis (Don't ask me how I know this). It even had a slight burn once it went down my throat. The color is great though. It is a real pure gold that most beers wish they could be. I would try this again in a draft, but I could never buy and finish a six-pack. I really expected more excitement, but I was satisfied with the result.


Rating: 78/100


No comments:

Post a Comment