Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 8: Endless River



Name: Endless River 
Brewer: Mother Earth Brewing (Kinston, NC)
Classification: Kölsch
Alcohol: 4.9%

Thoughts: Endless River is my first North Carolina beer that I have reviewed and I will try and not have any bias towards it. I was out for lunch with my friend Greg for lunch and we went to a local restaurant called Geer Street Garden, which has a pretty decent craft brew selection. I chose Endless River because I thought it would pair nicely with the chacutaire plate we ordered. And it did. It is a beautiful golden color with a even better crisp fruity smell to it. I even smelt some freshly cut grass in there somewhere. When I sipped the beer the hops were earthy, acidity and with a hint of tartness. There was some spice, but it faded before it fully developed on my tongue. This was a lighter beer with a thin body. Great for sitting outside in the sun and chatting about life. It also paired well the the salami, brie and other munchies we had on our plate. I really liked this beer and I hope to try more from this brewer. 

Rating: 84/100




1 comment: