Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 10: Bitburger ... More like Shitburger!




Name: Bitburger
Brewer: Bitburger Brauerei (Bitburger, Germany)
Classification: German Pilsner
Alcohol: 4.8%

Thoughts: I may not be a linguist, but I am pretty sure that Bitburger is German for "Duck Shit"! I was dared to start my post off with that sentence, and Bitburger isn't really that bad. However, pilsners have a huge problem when they are bottled. They gain a metallic aftertaste that can really ruin the experience. When they are on tap there is no better class of beer to drink! They are crisp, refreshing, and oh so drinkable. The reason I chose Bitburger in the first place is because it is the highest selling beer in Germany (the Greatest Beer County of them all) and I've never had it. Also, because I didn't want to just drink beers that you had to buy at a specialty store or order from the brewer directly. You can pick it up at most local grocery stores. Bitburger pours a clear, straw color and smells mainly of lemon and sweet bread. The taste is similar to a Corona after you have juiced a lime into it. I know it's not much to go on, but the metallic aftertaste really puts a damper on the experience. I am sure this is a much better beer than what I am rating it, but I have to judge it on this experience and this experience only. 

Rating: 65/100


1 comment: