Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 186: Great White



Name: Great White
Brewer: Lost Coast Brewery (Eureka, CA)
Classification: Witbier
Alcohol: 4.8%

Thoughts: For some strange reason I kept thinking that I have had a Lost Coast Brew on the blog before, but on further inspection that wasn't true. I think this means that I have reached a point where I have had so many beers I am having trouble keeping up with what I've had or haven't had. Anywhositwhatsit, let's check out Lost Coast's Great White. This witbier pours a yellowish gold color with hints of orange. This beer is highly carbonated and the head is very bubbly. The taste is mild, but refreshing nonetheless. It is mostly citrus and wheat, but I taste a faint hint of herbs. Some witbiers can be overly sugary, but because the taste is mild the sweetness is subdued which makes this beer more drinkable and enjoyable. This is a beer I could drink multiple of in one sitting and not get tired, however it isn't dynamic and it isn't great. 

Rating: 80/100


No comments:

Post a Comment