Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 199: Redhook ESB


Name: Redhook ESB
Brewer: Redhook Ale Brewery (Seattle, WA)
Classification: Extra Special Bitter
Alcohol: 5.77%

Thoughts: I tired a new bar after work and they were having pint night with Redhook ESB. If you have been following the blog for a while then you know I have had a couple of ESB style beers, but I haven't really enjoyed them. Even though these beers are supposed to be bitter it is the stingy type of bitterness that these beers exert that I don't like. If it was the bitterness that you get from an IPA or an Imperial IPA then that's a different story. I really feel that I can't properly judged these beers because the English Bitter that is added to these ESBs. It is too unpleasant for me. Redhook's ESB isn't the worst of these styles of beer though. It has a nice bready smell and and some herbal hops in the taste. The feeling is crisp and light and if you enjoyed the taste that would make this beer very drinkable. But I just don't like them and this is the last you will see of ESB on The Beer Year. 

Rating: 72/100


No comments:

Post a Comment