Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 188: Aviator Hot Rod Red



Name: Hot Rod Red
Brewer: Aviator Brewing Co. (Fuquay-Varina, NC)
Classification: Irish Red Ale
Alcohol: 6.1%

Thoughts: Tonight we went to City Beverage in Durham with a bunch of friends. City Beverage has a pretty good draft list and I wanted to order something I had never had before, not just something I had not had on the blog. So I ordered Aviator's Hot Rod Red. You may not be able to tell in the picture but this beer pours a dark red with a pencil thin head. The aroma has a great toasted malt smell that is balanced out with sweetness and fruity hops. The smell had a great "pub" feeling. At first the taste was less than appealing, but after I gave it a chance I started to really like it. The grainy, toasted malts are back in action here with sidekicks sweet caramel and pale hops. The finish is the best part though. It is crisp, clean and cool. If you are looking for something a little different I recommend this.

Rating: 84/100


No comments:

Post a Comment