Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 177: Brew Free! Or Die IPA



Name: Brew Free! Or Die IPA
Brewer: 21st Amendment Brewery (San Francisco, CA)
Classification: American IPA
Alcohol: 7%

Thoughts: If you asked people on the street what the 18th amendment was I guarantee you most people wouldn't know. For people like me, White Males who own property (Just Kidding, I meant Beer Lover), it is one of the most important amendments in the constitution. It was the amendment that repealed the 18th amendment, which was the prohibition amendment. So, 21st Amendment Brewery seems like a pretty legit name for a brewery. History lesson over, let's get to the beer. This IPA pours a dark, clear gold with a massive head that I can only describe as a "white afro". The smell is subdued but there are some tropical notes like mango and banana to go along with the sharp hops. The taste reminded me slightly of the Green Flash Imperial IPA, but with less zing to it. The bitterness sits on the back of the tongue and the fruitiness is upfront. The aftertaste is fairly smooth and reminds me of an organic beer the way it coats your throat. This is a good beer for a lot of reasons and I can't wait to try more from 21st Amendment. 

Rating: 85/100


1 comment:

  1. Me likey! Actually got to sample that, the black IPA, and the Allies Won the War on Repeal Day back in December. I felt very in tune with my ancestors (although I'm pretty sure the Carwiles never drank, ever. Just judging by our get togethers, am I right??) Enjoying this cuz!

    ReplyDelete