Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 180: Long Hammer IPA



Name: Long Hammer IPA
Brewery: Red Hook Brewery (Seattle, WA)
Classification: American IPA
Alcohol: 6.5%

Thoughts: I feel like Red Hook is a brewery that a lot of people are familiar with, even though this is the first time they are on my blog. They make pretty decent beers, but I feel that they have compromised their brewing craft in an effort to grow. This happens sometimes and it is unfortunate. However, I will grade this beer as I always do, which is on this experience and this experience only. This American IPA pours a dark yellow with a tinge of orange and a solid 2-finger head. The smell was my favorite part by a long shot. This beer smells like a high-grade, stinky cannabis that brought back memories of Amsterdam. It was awesome! Then I drank the beer and it brought me back down to earth. The taste has hints of grapefruit and piney hops with too much bitterness for a low-intensity tasting beer. I would like to try this beer with a nice joint sometime in the future to see how well they pair. I really hope my wife isn't reading the blog tonight. 

Rating: 74/100

1 comment: