Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 189: New Belgium Trippel


Name: Trippel
Brewer: New Belgium Brewing (Fort Collins, CO)
Classification: Tripel
Alcohol: 7.8%

Thoughts: I can't believe I managed to go 189 days without having New Belgium Brewing on The Beer Year. It wasn't by purpose, but it won't be the last time I have them make a visit to my liver. Also, I'd like to give a shout out to my friend Matt who's beer this was and for giving me. I drank this one out of the bottle so I am unsure of how this pours or looks. However, the smell was intense and enticing. There were signs of lemon peel, pepper, Belgian yeast and maybe some banana. The flavor is even bigger than the aroma. Bolder versions of citrus, spice and fruit all make themselves present in every sip. I do have a knock on this Tripel though. It is just too sweet to be considered great. It is good and it has a place in the beer world, but by the bottom of the bottle my lips were pursed from all the sugar. On a side note, New Belgium is looking to have an East Coast Brewery and they are down to either Philly (the crappiest city outside of anywhere in New Jersey) and Asheville, NC. Let's pray that it's Asheville because that would be awesome!

Rating: 86/100


No comments:

Post a Comment