Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 181: Palmetto Pale Ale


Name: Palmetto Pale Ale
Brewer: Palmetto Brewing Company (Charleston, SC)
Classification: Pale Ale
Alcohol: 5.2%

Thoughts: My Parents and Brother were in Charleston, SC for the New Year and brought me back a 6-Pack of this Palmetto Pale Ale. I have never heard of this brewery before, but it seems that they have been around since 1994. After drinking this beer I realized why I have never heard of them. I was really in the mood to drink from the bottle so I am unsure of how this beer pours or looks. I assume a pale gold color with a standard white head. The smell was malty and floral with a little bit of sweetness creeping out of the bottle. The taste was rather off. It was similar to the nose with sweet malts, grain, floral hops and a tiny bit of fruity flavor. Then came the metallic aftertaste which is such a turnoff for a beer. I am hoping it was just the one bottle. I will try another one to see, but its safe to say the beer wasn't that great to begin with. That is my guess to why I haven't really noticed this brewery before. 

Rating: 73/100


No comments:

Post a Comment