Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 185: Lagunitas IPA



Name: Lagunitas IPA
Brewer: Lagunitas Brewing Co. (Petaluma, CA) 
Classification: American IPA
Alcohol: 6.2%

Thoughts: I have a had a few beers from Lagunitas on The Beer Year and I am really becoming a fan. So I decided I needed to try their flagship beer, their IPA. It pours a crystal golden color with a small bright white head. The aroma is on the lighter side, but notes of bitter hops, grapefruit, and grass are easily sensed through the nose. The taste is pretty solid and it shows the quality of brewing by Lagunitas. There are plenty of piney hops and doughy malts to splash the palate, and there is still some citrus and a bit of spice left over to make this beer worthy of buying a 6-pack sometime. This beer is refreshing, clean and has a slight crispness to it. I do recommend it and I will be having it in the future. 

Rating: 85/100


No comments:

Post a Comment