Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 37: Small Craft Warning



Name: Heavy Seas - Small Craft Warning (Über Pils)
Brewer: Clipper City Brewing Co. (Baltimore, MD)
Classification: American Double/Imperial Pilsner
Alcohol: 7.25%

Thoughts: I used the Beard Glass tonight because, well, it's a beer with a pirate theme. The only thing more pirate than gold and ships is beards. On another note when I was searching for beers I admit I avoided Heavy Seas beers because, and this is shallow, their label design is kind of cheesy. However, I should not judge a beer by its cover. So, I picked out their Imperial Pilsner, Small Craft Warning. And I feel like an idiot for avoiding this brewery because well, this was a magical pilsner. It poured a great deep gold with a wonderfully fluffy head. The smell was packed with caramel, malts, and dank pils. Almost similar to a good cannabis. The taste had sweet bread, biting hops and a decent amount of alcohol in the aftertaste. It reminded me of a traditional Czech Pilsner. Small Craft Warning was well balanced, enjoyable and crafted with real knowledge of pilsners. This is a beer I could drink over and over again. I recommend this 110% to anyone who likes beer, period. 

Rating: 87/100


No comments:

Post a Comment