Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 39: Boont ESB



Name: Boont ESB
Brewer: Anderson Valley Brewing Company (Boonville, CA)
Classification: Extra Special Bitter
Alcohol: 6.8%


Thoughts: Usually beer makes me very loquacious. It makes me want to talk all day about cars, politics, beer, soccer, beer, beer, stories of old, and beer. I admit that my attitude of beer has changed over the past 39 days and sometimes I don't feel so talkative. I feel as if I am doing a job and not enjoying my beer as I should. I have really noticed this after I reread some of my posts from the past weeks. I love beer more then ever, but I am so overwhelmed by the world that has now opened up to me, and I don't know if I am up to the task some days. For instance, the beer I picked out for today is a classification I have never heard of until I saw it at the store. And it has tastes and smells that I have never experienced before. This is exactly what I wanted to happen, but I guess I expected to meet the challenge head on instead of being timid as I have lately. This Boont ESB is an interesting beer and I enjoyed certain things about it, but it isn't something I would drink again. It had a smell that reminded me of garlic-y pizza crust and an overly bitter taste that rested and cooled my taste buds. I thought in the store that when I selected it for one of my beers this week it would just be another class of beer to check off my list, but I have to be honest. I feel nothing from it, except something that I have wanted to feel for weeks now, gregarious. I write avidly in my free time. Anything from short stories to screenplay outlines. This is the first time in weeks that I have really wanted to write my blog and share my experience. For this, Boont ESB was a gift from the Beer Gods, and I will sacrifice a virgin in their honor. 

Rating: 77/100



1 comment:

  1. When I want to feel gregarious, Anderson Valley does the trick.

    ReplyDelete