Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 30: Victory Sunrise Weissbier


Name: Sunrise Weissbier
Brewer: Victory Brewing (Downingtown, PA)
Classification: Hefeweizen
Alcohol: 5.7% 

Thoughts: I have a friend who's beer knowledge I respect a good deal. Not just because he knows the best beer, but because he will try anything. That is important because it means you are not saying a certain type of beer is not worthy of your taste buds. It was his recommendation to try Victory. This was a good recommendation. I tried their hefeweizen, Sunrise Weissbier, and I was pleased with it, very pleased. It pours a yellow-gold with no head. The aroma is made up of banana and spice but it wasn't all that interesting. However, I did this crazy thing that some people with a beer may not know how to do ... I drank it! Huh? What? Yeah! I tasted that bitch! And that bitch was good! It is full of lemon zest, more spice, a little bit of clove and plenty of tang. It was a very nice combo. It was smooth and the aftertaste was relatively hoppy. It was a great thirst-quencher in this 100 degree heat. I would and could drink this all day long. I recommend this to anybody who just ran a marathon, fought a tiger with their bare hands, or has recently returned from a quest for the Holy Grail. And its probably better for you than Gatorade. 

Rating: 84/100


No comments:

Post a Comment