Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 49: Fuggles IPA



Name: Fuggles IPA
Brewer: Shipyard Brewing Co. (Portland, ME)
Classification: American Pale Ale
Alcohol: 5.8%

Thoughts: This afternoon I went to the store the get a nice six back of beers of my choosing. I sometimes give myself rules and today I had two rules. The beer had to be $1.79 a bottle or cheaper and I could have no repeat breweries. It forced me to try some beers I have been avoiding for one reason or another. I wasn't avoiding this beer, but I hadn't noticed it either. But Fuggles is a funny name for a beer. It poured out an golden-orange color with a bright white head. The smell hit me as soon as it left the bottle and was on the way to the bottom of the glass. It was herbal, fruity and slightly grassy. The taste was less interesting than the smell. It was bitter and citrusy, but most notably stale and watery. The taste was transparent to me. This is a beer I wouldn't have tried without my rules so if the other beers that I chose don't shape up I may not make any more rules for me because this beer was completely uninteresting. 

Rating: 69/100


No comments:

Post a Comment