Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 25: Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA



Name: 60 Minute IPA
Brewer: Dogfish Head Craft Brewery (Milton, DE) 
Classification: India Pale Ale
Alcohol: 6%

Thoughts: IPAs have been the hot topic of this blog lately. There really is no hot topic, that was just a joke. However, this will be the second great IPA I've had this week. Dogfish Head Brewery is a big player in the craft beer world and they brew some of the best beers in the country. So I thought I would start with their most simple beer and go from there. When I popped the top on this 60 Minute IPA the sharp floral hops jumped out at me. It instantly drew me in. It poured a solid gold with a thick white head. So much so that on the first sip the foam covered my nose. The taste was soft and drinkable, almost creamy. I got notes of spice, pine and herbs as well as some citrus. The finish was smooth with no hint of alcohol. This is a very well balanced beer that leaves behind a wonderful feeling in your mouth as well as your gut. I could totally drink a six pack, but for now I'll stick with the one. For many this could be a better beer than the Green Flash IPA I had earlier this week, but it just wasn't as exciting to me. But all in all it was an excellent drink. 

Rating: 90/100

No comments:

Post a Comment