Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 27: Triangle IPA 2.0


Name: Triangle IPA 2.0
Brewer: Triangle Brewing Co. (Durham, NC)
Classification: India Pale Ale
Alcohol: 5.7%

Thoughts: The original plan tonight was to go to Tyler's pick out some fancy beer and hold off bringing in Triangle Brewing Co. for a few weeks. However, Tyler's had over an hour wait and we didn't feel like waiting that long. So we went elsewhere and the place we went only had NC Brews on tap, which is awesome, but not for my mission. So I picked the only one I had not had, Triangle IPA 2.0. By the time it had gotten to me the head had faded, if it even existed in the first place, but the color was a pure murky gold. It smelled a bit tropical with a faint hint of hops. I think the smell could have been stronger or at least be more hoppy. The taste had a little citrus, a little hops, a little floral and a little smoke. I don't know if the smoke was intended, but if it was it was a nice surprise. I know I have been having a lot of IPAs lately, but they are a good summer beer and it has been in the 100s a lot lately around here. This Triangle IPA was refreshing and the hops were a great appetite stimulant to start off my meal with. I feel like this blog is getting a little NC Brew heavy, despite NC being one of the best beer states in the union. So, I plan to change it up with the next few beers and get funky.

Rating: 82/100


No comments:

Post a Comment