Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 38: Hazed & Infused



Name: Hazed & Infused
Brewer: Boulder Beer (Boulder, CO)
Classification: American Pale Ale
Alcohol: 4.85%

 Thoughts: Boulder Beer Company was Colorado's first microbrewery opening their doors in 1979. This may not seem like a big deal, but they were only the 43rd brewery to be allowed a national brewing license in this country. Now there are over 1500 breweries in the country and Colorado has 92! This is one of Boulder Beer's best selling beers. So, I thought I'd give it a try. It pours a cloud, lighter amber color with a huge, soft head. The smell is very sweet and hoppy, very similar to an IPA. The taste is herbal, fruity, dry and bitter. It creates this sense of nostalgia to me. It really had a faint smell of play-dough and a taste of juicy-juice. If I could drink beer in preschool, this is what I would have been attracted to. This was a clean, refreshing beer that would do me better in colder weather, not the low 90s. It is an intriguing beer and well made. I do recommend it to people who like Magic Hat or other flavorful APAs.

Rating: 83/100


No comments:

Post a Comment