Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 26: Blanco Diablo



Name: Blanco Diablo
Brewer: Big Boss Brewery (Raleigh, NC)
Classification: Witbier
Alcohol: 4.5%

Thoughts: Big Boss is the shizzle snap bam dizzle! I went on a brewery tour this past December and it was like a giant party where everybody is drinking really good beer. The are hardcore brewers making hardcore brew. And by the way, they name all their beers after WW2 bomber planes. I like that! I have had just about everything they offer, but it is time I start sharing their collection with the world (a.k.a. my 3 followers). So, I will start with one of their core brews, Blanco Diablo. It pours a hazy gold that has a lovely soft head that laces nicely around the glass. The smell is fairly light, but you can notice the orange peel, coriander and what I thought was banana. When I sipped it I wasn't entertained by the taste as some other witbiers, but it was a good taste. It is very citrusy with that yeast taste you get from most witbiers. It smells and tastes very similar. The mouthfeel of this beer is fantastic though. It is such an easy beer to drink. I have to admit it I had only refrigerated it for about 2 hours, not really enough time to properly chill it. However, this usually allows for more of the taste to come through. Even then it could have used a little more umph. I think Blanco Diablo is an A-rated beer, but as my rule goes I have to judge it on this experience. 

Rating: 81/100


No comments:

Post a Comment