Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 23: Red Banshee




Name: Red Banshee
Brewer: Fort Collins Brewing (Fort Collins, CO)
Classification: American Red Ale
Alcohol: 5.3%

Thoughts: I want everyone to know that I chose this beer despite my hatred for gingers. I think that I deserve due credit and some props for that. Gingers are evil people and they should be locked in a jail cell and hidden from the world! However, I am a fan of red ales, I may have stated this previously, and that is why I tried it out. Also, Fort Collins Brewery is another brewery I have heard good things about. This FCB brew pours a very nice reddish-brown with a thin, tan head. I could smell dark fruits like plums or blackberries and some caramel. The taste was rich, lively and piney. The caramel malts shows up again, but it brings along its friend hops to balance out the party. For me, most, if not all, amber or red ales start off a little weak and get better with each sip. This brew kept true to that statement. Despite the Female Ginger on the front of this bottle it shouldn't be locked up in a cell and hidden from the world. Instead it should be sentenced to death by being poured in a glass and consumed. 

Rating: 80/100


No comments:

Post a Comment