Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 46: O'Hara's Leann Folláin



Name: O'Hara's Leann Folláin
Brewer: Carlow Brewing Co. (County Carlow, Ireland)
Classification: Irish Dry Stout
Alcohol: 6%

Thoughts: This is the third and final chapter of my Carlow Brewing beers. They have a number of others that if I can find around here I may try, but this was the last one that was brought to me from Ireland itself. I saved it for last because it is the most Irish style of beer there is, an Extra Dry Irish Stout. I mean Irish is in the name. It pours a pitch black with a soft beige foam. The aroma has roasted coffee and sweet chocolate hints to it. However, it is dominated by alcohol. A bit much for me. The taste was creamy, it was chocolately, and strong. Again, a bit much for me. This is a sipper and a tough one for me to handle. It only says that it was 6% alcohol, but it was prevalent in every aspect of this beer. I wish it was more suitable for Stout-newbies like me, but I understand this is a type of beer I have to work up to.

Rating: 77/100


No comments:

Post a Comment