Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 36: Avery White Rascal



Name: White Rascal
Brewer: Avery Brewing (Boulder, CO)
Classification: Belgian White Ale
Alcohol: 5.6%

Thoughts: If the creature on the front of this bottle, this so called "White Rascal", showed up on my front doorstep and offered me a beer I think I would drink it. Only after I shit myself from the creepiness of this thing. It would be a helluva a story to tell the grandkids. White Rascal pours a muted crystalized yellow. Almost like champagne but without the heavy carbonation. In the smell I sensed wheat and lemon peel. The taste only added on to the smell with sweetness, yeast and a really good spice, maybe coriander. It was easily drinkable and very light bodied. It seems like it would pair well with lots of different types of food. This was a crisp beer, not overly refreshing though. I would have it again, and I would probably like it better on draft. However, I fell with a picture and name like the one this beer has I expected it to be more interesting. It was good by it could be improved upon. 

Rating: 82/100


No comments:

Post a Comment