Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 48: Namaste



Name: Namaste 
Brewer: Dogfish Head Brewing Co. (Milton, DE)
Classification: Witbier
Alcohol: 5%

Thoughts: These heavy-hitting craft brew makers are back on The Beer Year. This time with their witbier, Namaste. A friend bought this for me as he said it was his favorite beer and I should try it. If you want to be as good a friend as he, buy me your favorite beer and I will drink it then review it. And there is nothing more important than my friendship (even if you bought it). This witbier pours a yellow hazy straw color that is filled with sediment. I swirled it quite a bit during the drinking experience to keep the flavor even. This beer was brewed with coriander, organic dried oranges and lemongrass. All of these things are present in the smell and taste. It reminds me of a hot afternoon storm with lightening bolts of orange and thunderous spice. My knock on this beer is this: about half way down your tongue the taste disappears. It doesn't reach the back of your throat and it takes away from the overall enjoyment of this beer. Everything else is fantastically assembled and this is almost a top-notch brewski.

Rating: 86/100





No comments:

Post a Comment