Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 50: Full Sail LTD Series - 03



Name: LTD Series - 03
Brewer: Full Sail Brewery (Hood River, OR)
Classification: German Pilsner
Alcohol: 5.6%

Thoughts: I am admittedly not usually a fan of Limited Edition Beers because if they were that good they would be beers that are available all the time. To me they are usually beers that are brewed to commerate something or they were tried, not very well liked, and then released in order to turn a profit. Every now and then you find a gem of a Limited Release Beer, could this be one? Full Sail has their own LTD Series and this is the third out of five to be released. As with all the pilsners I have tasted so far I used a nice frosty mug. It poured a light golden color that I have come accustomed to see in a pilsner. The smell was a bit more fruity than the traditional sweet yeast aroma you get from brews like this. On the first sip I got a full taste with hints of bready malts and citrusy hops. It was fairly crisp, but a bit more bitter than most pilsners. It was almost a combo of a Pale Ale and a German Pilsner, fairly unique. This is a good beer and a good Limited Release, but not a great one of either. I liked this beer, but I may pass on it in the future if there are more exciting options available. 

Rating: 80/100


No comments:

Post a Comment