Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 43: Hargett Street Ale


Name: Hargett Street Ale
Brewer: Carolina Brewing Company (Holly Springs, NC)
Classification: Kölsch
Alcohol: 5.5%

Thoughts: BAM! Another awesome craft brewery from around the NC Triangle! This is a legendary beer in my neck of the woods because it was specially made for my favorite bar in the Triangle, Raleigh-Times, which is on Hargett Street in downtown Raleigh. The also sell it at The Pit, which is an epically amazing Bar-B-Q restaurant in Raleigh, which is where I had this one. It pours an orangey copper color and the head had dissipated by the time it had gotten to me. The aroma had earthy hops, sweet malts, and light citrus notes. This beer is extremely smooth. It has a thin mouthfeel to it. The taste harps on the smell and feel, and is really crisp and refreshing. I really like Kölsch style beers and this is the second good NC brewed Kölsch I have reviewed for this blog. However, this one is more exciting and holds more meaning to me. If you are in the Triangle try this one out, especially because they sell it on the cheap!

Rating: 84/100


No comments:

Post a Comment