Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 248: Brooklyn Lager




Name: Brooklyn Lager
Brewer: Brooklyn Brewery (Brooklyn, NY)
Classification: American Amber Lager
Alcohol: 5.2%

Thoughts: Today I have one my favorite beers, but I haven't had it in a while. Brooklyn Lager was one of the first non-mainstream beers that I ever had and liked. Of course my knowledge of craft beer is much more extensive now so I wanted to how it fairs against the competition. To be honest, I didn't even know it was an Amber Lager before today. Now that it has been poured into a glass I can see the light amber color with hues of orange a mid-sized, off-white head. The aroma is very sweet but light at the same time. I picked up motes of honey, grainy malts and a dark fruit, maybe raisins. The flavors fairly normal for an Amber Ale. There are caramel notes, hints of toasted malts, and a good helping of hops. This is one of the more hoppy Lagers I have ever had. And remember this is a Lager, not an Ale. Lagers are usually malt dominate, but this one seems to much more balanced. Bravo Brooklyn, Bravo!

Rating: 82/100


No comments:

Post a Comment