Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 254: He'Brew Hop Manna


Name: He'Brew Hop Manna
Brewer: Shmaltz Brewing Company (San Francisco, CA)
Classification: American IPA
Alcohol: 6.8%

Thoughts: Today I went downtown Durham and stopped at Sam's Quik Shop to grab some good beers. I don't go there that often, but when I do I always find good stuff. They have a huge selection of beers you can't get in a lot of places. They also have beer on tap that you can drink while you shop, which is exactly what I did. I order He'Brew Hop Manna and walked around the store shopping for beer. That is awesome! I recommend doing this if you have a bottle shop near you that has beers on tap. This American IPA poured a dark golden copper color and on top sat a big, fat, fluffy head. It was one of the bigger heads I've seen on a draft beer. The aromas were really clean and enticing. There was a big gulp of grapefruit, and smaller gulps of piney hops and sweet malts. The taste was as hoppy as a rabbit on meth. It had a good sharp bitter quality to it that accentuated the fruity notes. There was a crisp, smooth, light feeling to the beer and made it very pleasant. There was also some other taste in the beer that I couldn't put my finger on, but it was very distinguishable and likable. I also got to keep the glass and I purchased some good stuff that I will be drinking over the next few days.

Rating: 84/100


No comments:

Post a Comment