Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 237: Blanche De Bruxelles


Name: Blanche De Bruxelles
Brewer: Brasserie Lefebvre (Rebecq-Quenast, Belgium)
Classification: Witbier
Alcohol: 4.5%

Thoughts: There are a few types of Blanche De Bruxelles, but this is their White Belgian style beer, which is a witbier. I have had this beer before a couple of years ago, and I liked it. However, this time something was different, something was off. It comes out in a nice little Belgian snifter glass with a pale yellow color and a big foamy head the lingered throughout the drinking experience. The nose is exactly what I expect with a yeasty, peppery intake and a dash of citrus. It was pleasant, but not overly enjoyable. The taste started along the same path with a little bit of floral hoppiness on the tip of the tongue, a little yeast/wheat on the palate, but then a weird cardboard taste hit me. It was this odd, sour paper taste that I had never had before and it really turned me off of this beer. In fact I did not even finish it because I could not take the flavor. If anybody knows of a reason why this was the case please let me know. That couldn't have been the intend taste for this beer, otherwise it wouldn't have made it out of the brewery. 

Rating: 73/100


No comments:

Post a Comment