Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 240: Buckshot Amber Ale



Name: Buckshot Amber Ale
Brewer: Natty Greene's Brewing Co. (Greensboro, NC)
Classification: Amber Ale 
Alcohol: 4.9%

Thoughts: In the attempt to drink 366 beers in this Beer (Leap) Year I have run into some issues. First of all, this is an expensive habit if you want to do it right. Second, I get stuck at restaurants with not so great beer selections, but I need to try one to keep the blog alive. Third, there are so many beers I want to try that I can't get access to so it can be frustrating. Because of this I have had to settle for beers I have had before, just not on the blog. This is one of those times. I have had Buckshot Amber Ale a number of times, and while I have enjoyed it I really wanted to try something completely different. Buckshot is a good solid Amber Ale with all the amenities required to be called a good Amber Ale. It has a sweet, malty backbone with a bit of hops and of course is amber in color. That is really all you need to know about this beer. It fits in with every other Amber Ale that hasn't taken the extra steps to set itself apart. This is my problem with having beers I've had before. It doesn't keep me interested enough to write a real review. 

Rating: 80/100



No comments:

Post a Comment