Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 264: Triangle White Ale


Name: Triangle White Ale
Brewer: Triangle Brewing Co. (Durham, NC)
Classification: Witbier
Alcohol: 5%

Thoughts: If you have been following The Beer Year you know that I have many different cans of beer. However, I have never had a can of witbier. I honestly never expected I would because, well, its witbier. It's one of those things that just doesn't seem right, even though you don't know why it isn't right. So I had to try it and see if it made a difference. I drank right from the can so I don't know what it looks like, but I assume a "White Ale" may give away the ending on that one. The aroma was heavily wheat induced with shades of yeast and pepper to go along. Nothing too original, but still good and likable. The flavors are really clean and crisp, which I rather like because some witbiers or hefeweizens have a little to much sediment or pulp in it. Triangle White Ale seemed to have little or none of those. I tasted a lot of yeast and wheat which reflected the smell, but in addition I got some soft coriander notes and tart lemon peel. It was a flavorful, lasting taste that I was surprised to have in a can. I think I am starting to see more and more canned beers that I really enjoy. I had been put off by the idea at first, but I am totally open to it now. 

Rating: 84/100


1 comment:

  1. Hiya! Does the frequency of your posting depend on specific things or you compose articles when you have a specific mood or write blog posts if you have enough time on it? Can't wait to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete