Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 261: Founder's All Day IPA



Name: All Day IPA
Brewer: Founder's Brewing (Grand Rapids, MI)
Classification: American IPA
Alcohol: 4.7%

Thoughts: I had a long day at work and I really wanted to just sit, watch a little Spring Training and drink a nice, solid beer. I opened up the fridge, looked at my available selections, and choose Founders' All Day IPA. I have had their Double Trouble IPA, so I thought why not try another IPA. This "session" IPA poured a bright gold color with a wispy, thinning head. I stick my nose deep into the glass because there wasn't much coming out of the glass. There is a little bit of fruit and an even smaller bit of hops, but that is about it. Then comes the taste, obviously because you drink the beer. It was a bit watered down, but citrus comes back into play. This time there is more hops and the finish is sharp, piney and dry. The finish is the best thing about this beer, but that isn't saying much. This beer needs more volume and body. It also needs more flavor. 

Rating: 77/100


No comments:

Post a Comment