Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 247: Eurotrash Pilz


Name: Eurotrash Pilz
Brewer: Southern Tier Brewing Co. (Lakewood, NY)
Classification: Czech Pilsner
Alcohol: 5.2%

Thoughts: I have purposely been avoiding Southern Tier brews because I had a bad experience with the first beer I tried from them. However, I am a forgiving man and I decided to give them a second chance. I have seen my friends try their Eurotrash Pilz and I have gotten mixed reviews about it, so it was worth a try to figure out my own verdict. I had this straight out of the bottle because I sat on my back patio and enjoyed this beer in the 70 degree weather. However, like I said I have seen this beer and it pours a crystal clear, pale yellow. So clear that it looks like ginger ale to me. The smells stemming from the bottle where quite soft with bits and pieces of floral, grassy hops and grainy, earthy malts. The taste is a lot better than I expected. It was very clean and crisp. It was a great beer to drink from the bottle and a great beer to have on this day. However, when the situation ends this beer is nothing more than mediocre. I would describe the taste exactly as I would the smell, but a little more generic. In the right time and place I would have this beer again, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you like pilsners as much as me. 

Rating: 80/100


No comments:

Post a Comment