Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 238: Modus Hoperandi


Name: Modus Hoperandi
Brewer: Ska Brewing (Durango, CO)
Classification: American IPA
Alcohol: 6.8%

Thoughts: I got home this afternoon after a morning of working and decided, "I need a beer". This wasn't a difficult decision as I need a beer most of the time. I opened the fridge to see the selection brew in front of me and I thought Modus Hoperandi looked good. This IPA pours a bright blue color with an orange head a chunks of chocolate cookies floating it. That may have been an exaggeration. I didn't actually por it out so I don't know what it looks like. Although the smell did have a tremendous present after jettison from the can. Great big whiffs of piney, dank hops followed by some tasted malts were noticeable. The taste is again soaked with bitter, dry hops that hit on the beginning and end of the tastes. In the middle there is some good malty flavors that balance the hops out enough to make them overbearing. The finish is very dry which intensifies the bitterness, but it is enjoyable. It just takes a little adjustment. I was really surprised by how non-can this beer tasted. I think this beer is worth a try plus some. 

Rating: 86/100


No comments:

Post a Comment