Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 256: Flagship IPA


Name: Flagship IPA
Brewer: Carolina Brewery (Pittsboro, NC)
Classification: English IPA
Alcohol: 5.9%

Thoughts: Tonight I went to the Cat's Cradle in Carrboro to check out Neon Indian in concert. he Cradle is my favorite place to see concerts because it big enough to have a good crowd, but small enough to still have an intimate concert. Also, I love going because the serve Carolina Brewery Beers on tap. I may have said this before because the other Carolina Brewery brews I have had on the blog have lacked a picture just like this one. This is because it is too dark to get a good picture. Also, it is slightly embarrassing to hold up a beer and take a picture of it in front of a bunch of strangers. So you will have to trust me on the look. It poured a pretty clear copper color with minimal sediment and a creamy head. The smell was tough to manage as there a bunch of sweaty hipsters that smelled like smoke hanging all over the place. I don't think I ever got an accurate description of the aroma. The taste was much easier to read. The flavor opens with a faint malt note that mildly bready and then finishes with a strong citrusy, grapefruit hoppiness that's smooth and pleasing. There is also a good bit of spiciness that adds a bite to the hop character and to the finish. It was good. Nothing more and nothing less. The show was great. Nothing more and nothing less. 

Rating: 83/100


No comments:

Post a Comment