Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 239: Kirin Ichiban


Name: Kirin Ichiban
Brewer: Kirin Brewery Company (Tokyo, Japan)
Classification: American Pale Lager
Alcohol: 5%

Thoughts: The wife is obsessed with a large chinese restaurant chain that shall not be named. Well we decided to grab some food there and while I was there I decided to get a beer. It seemed fitting to get a Kirin Ichiban. It came out in this ridiculous tall glass, but its clear, golden color and thin, wispy head were looking good. The aroma is mostly nonexistent, but you notice a tad bit of hops and that's about it.   The taste was a little better. I mean it was enjoyable and I would have had another, but only in this setting. It is not a beer I would buy a six pack of, or buy when there are better options. It is crisp, dry, malty and everything else a Pale Lager should taste like. It finishes thin and drinkable. Like I said, it is alright, so try it if you want to. 

Rating: 75/100


No comments:

Post a Comment