Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 262: Nomad



Name: Nomad
Brewer: Great Divide Brewing Co. (Denver, CO)
Classification: Czech Pilsner
Alcohol: 5.4%

Thoughts: I have been eyeing this beer for a while. I really like pilsners and I really like Great Divide Brewing Co. So this sounds like a perfect marriage in my mind. Plus, the greatest film of all time (in my mind) is Lawrence of Arabia, and the label on the bottle looks like a T.E. Lawrence crossing the desert on a camel. Maybe that's not what is intended but that's what I got out of it. This pilsners pours a very yellowish gold color with a finger-wide, white head. I have to be honest. It kind of looks like pee, and last time I had a beer that looked like pee, it tasted like pee. Luckily, this time was much better. The smells were very bready and malty with a bit of cannabis mixed into the aroma. This is how I would describe the taste: A freshly baked cracker with honey, a dash of pepper, and some good dank bud on it. Then take the cracker, liquify it and ferment. That may not sound as appetizing as you might think, but thats what this beer tasted like and I really enjoyed it. 

Rating: 85/100


No comments:

Post a Comment