Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 297: Sea Nymph



Name: Sea Nymph
Brewer: Heavy Seas Beer (Baltimore, MD)
Classification: American Blonde Ale
Alcohol: 4.5%

Thoughts: Heavy Seas has been one of the surprise breweries of this long journey to beer enlightenment. Before I started I didn't think so highly of them, now I do. I thought I would try their summer ale, Sea Nymph, and I hope they don't fail me now. The beer pours a strong gold with yellowish hues and a razor thin head. In the nose sits a lot of light malt, lemon peel and a very tender sweetness. It is very light as you would expect from a Summer Ale. The feel of this beer is very watery and clean. I could imagine sitting on a Pirate Ship, pillaging some coastal village and drink a bunch of these in the process. The taste isn't all that exciting, but it manages to keep me drinking. It is really clean with no bitterness. The malts own this beer with little to no hops being noticed, unless you count the lemon peel as part of the hop flavors. I could imagine a ton of beers I would rather have, but I would still recommend it as it is a half-decent Blonde Ale. 

Rating: 80/100




No comments:

Post a Comment