Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 325: Red Tail Ale


Name: Red Tail Ale
Brewer: Mendocino Brewing Co. (Mendocino, CA)
Classification: Amber Ale
Alcohol: 6.1%

Thoughts: I have really stayed away from Mendocino because of the previous beers I've had from them. They weren't any good and I wouldn't have gotten Red Tail Ale either, but I wanted to see what their stuff was like on draft. It poured a nice woody amber color with a clean, crisp head. The nose had a big caramel stench coming from it as well as a rein-like pine smell. It was a little stronger than normal piney smells. A few sips I wasn't all that impressed. It was very drinkable and I would definitely have it again, but between the malts, hops and yeast I wasn't "Wow-ed" by any of it. It is all well made, but really average. I do think that there draft beer tasted fresher and just plain better than their bottled beer. 

Rating: 81/100


No comments:

Post a Comment