Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 301: Sierra Nevada Summerfest


Name: Summerfest
Brewer: Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. (Chico, CA)
Classification: Czech Pilsner
Alcohol: 5%

Thoughts: I've been helping my friend Matt take down some trees in his front yard over the past week and today he paid me in beer. He gave me a 6-pack of Sierra Nevada's Summerfest. However, it looked as if he got a little thirsty because in place of two of the Summerfests were a Blue Moon and a Bud Light Lime. So, it looks like I will be having a "Shitty Beer Special" sometime this week. I used a couple of the remaining bottles to make some beer brats. I am sure they will turn out fine because this is a pretty decent beer. I drank it straight from the bottle because I was too lazy to pour it in a glass. The smell is really interesting. It tasted like freshly sliced bologna. That may sound weird to some, but it makes total sense to me for some reason. The taste was a little oily, maybe this is what's making the smell bologna-esque. It was very sharp with a quick bit to the palate. The swallow is sharp, crisp and slightly bitter. The malts are very light and the hops have all the room in the world to work their magic. On the burp it taste totally Euro-centric. It reminds me Czech beers and that is a good thing. No, a great thing! However, it is a pilsner and can only take you so far, but this a good one at that. 

Rating: 82/100



No comments:

Post a Comment