Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 310: Iron City Beer



Name: Iron City Beer
Brewer: Iron City Brewing Co. (Latrobe, PA)
Classification: American Adjunct Lager
Alcohol: 4.5%

Thoughts: Both the Iron City Brewing Co. and Pittsburgh Brewing Co. claim to make this beer. I am unsure of the story here but it might be interesting to look into. That of course assumes that you are a beer nerd like myself. The reason I have this is because it is a Shitty Beer Special. Someone mentioned during my Shitty Beer Week that this was in fact the shittiest beer in the country. And it surely does taste massively shitty, but I don't hate it. It doesn't pretend to be really good. It sells for $1 in the store and isn't a cornerstone of the American beer market. In fact, I commend this beer for taking on the persona of its city. Pittsburgh is a shitty town with one in particularly shitty person that I am friends with. Yet, it is a hard working city with a lot of dignity. This beer is too. 

Rating: 60/100




No comments:

Post a Comment